So, tomorrow I start orientation for med school, insha’allah (God willing). This essentially means that tomorrow, I start the career that will dictate the rest of my life.
I thought it’d be a good idea to start this blog with a picture of what I think my future will look like, while I’m still young and naive. Some demographic info:
- Name: Mim (pronounced meeeem)
- Age: 22
- Ethnicity: Bangladeshi
- Background: Born in Bangladesh, grew up in the US, lived in Canada since I was 9
- Degree: Bachelor of Science, Biological Sciences major, English minor
- Medical school: University of Alberta
- Residency of choice: Right now I feel a strong personal interest in psychiatry, but I am also putting a lot of consideration into family med.
- Favourite food: Nutella
- Favourite dessert: Nutella
- Interests: community activism, astrophysics, Islam, Harry Potter, spreading Nutella on things
This should provide you with an idea of who I am going in, but I am most certain that I will be a different person coming out of this program–which is a good thing, of course. Because what are we if we aren’t growing?
Except my interest in Nutella. That won’t change.